Looking for a way to incorporate more veggies into your diet? I recently fell in love with everything kale. It is good sauteed by itself, or with a bunch of other veggies in a stir fry.
My new favorite is kale chips. Expensive to buy at your local health food store, but super cheap and easy to make yourself at home!
I went to the Hillsdale Farmer’s Market the other day and bought my veggies for the week including a bunch of kale specifically for a batch of baked kale chips.
Easy Kale Chips Recipe
- Set your oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash your kale to get any dirt off the leaves and pat dry or use a salad spinner to get all the water off your leaves.
- Use kitchen shears to cut the rib out of the middle of the leaf and discard. This is a very bitter part of the kale.
- Cut the leaves into about 2 inch pieces.
- Place in a bowl and massage 1-2 teaspoons olive oil on leaves, covering all surfaces.
- Add a pinch of sea salt (be careful to not over season, baking brings out the salt flavor more).
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper
- Spread kale leaves in one layer evenly on baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 mins until crisp. (oven times will vary, I cooked mine 9 mins and it was perfect)